Friday, March 16, 2007

Benji's poem ... he sent it to me weeks ago, but I forgot about it, I have no idea how. I found it in one of my mailboxes awhile ago while checking whether that was the email I used for my cbox, and reread it, remembering how it made me cry the first time I read it. It's beautiful. Thanks Benj =) .

He’s waiting, at the bus stop
For a bus that will never arrive.
Yet he continues waiting, its
That love that gives him life

She’s waiting, on the bus
For time, for change, for love
She knows he’s there waiting too
She knows he’s sent from above.

He’s waiting, very patently
For the perfect chance to tell
Tell her about that love for her
That he has already confirmed so well.

She’s waiting, confused now
What was she to do?
How was she to flout the rules?
To just say, "I love you?"

He’s waiting, for her
Love unconditional, that’s what it is
He’s waiting for that chance,
To be able to bring her bliss

She’s waiting, for him
Worries unnecessary, that’s what they are.
She’s waiting for that chance
To be with him, to go far

They’re waiting, for each other
Something to finally make a move
To tell one another seriously,
"You’re the one I wouldn’t want to lose"

- Bryan Benjamin Goh

No comments: