We didn't in the end. Which was good. Skating's a bit expensive.
Anyway, we went to Great World City in pursuit of Elven ears and something else to do. But the shop was closed so no elven ears were bought. But we watched a movie anyway. It was nice. After that, we walked back to Orchard amidst the company of many trees. And as expected, MinJun went nuts.
Carmina: *exasperated look* huh-huh
MinJun: hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahaahah *hickhick*hhahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahaahhahaGOAWAYahahahahhhahahahahaha
hahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahauhuhuhauhauhauhauhahaauhau...
You get the point.
Well, actually you don't coz that's not the point.
What I really wanted to talk about was Aragorn II Elessar (Elfstone)/ Estel/Thorongil/ Envinyatar/ Strider whichever you wanna call him. But in this post I shall refer to him as Estel, for it makes it sound like I knew him very well.
Yeah.
Anyway, what I wanted to say is that ...he isn't that bad.
Like, on our way back to Orchard, after MinJun regained her composure and they halted at the 54 bus stop so that only me, Pao and Erica were left of the company, I decided to do Roleplaying.
And so I said, "Let's do Lord of the Rings!" And my mind bore the image of the three crossing the plains before they met with the Rohirrim.
And Erica Michelle immediately said, "I'll be the Dwarf! What's his name?"
"Gimli," I answered.
"Gilmi?"
"Gimli."
"Grilmi?"
"GIMLI."0
And I spoke not, for I thought that it was in our understanding that I be the elf and the knowledge that Pao found Aragorn attractive. But I was mistaken, for behind me came a voice. "I wanna be Orlando Bloom! Legolas!"
And I turned in shock, so that my face crumpled and my eyes shaped themselves into narrow slits. "But I'm Legolas!"
"I said it first!"
"But...but...I'm Legolas!"
"But I said it first!"
And MinJun's eyes filled with mirth at the situation, so that her laughter could be heard from our destination.
"But I'm Legolas!"
"Noooooo...I said it first!"
Knowing that it would be no use to go on with the debate, with the complexities of Pao's case being very well-planned and effective, and her Pao-y arguing voice well utilized, I gave up my argument. My face fell as the words came, with bitterness in my lips, "Fine, I'll be Aragorn."
"Yay, I'm Legolas!"
"And I'm the dwarf, what's his name again?"
And as the two merrily marveled at their characters, I trudged forwards, half trying my best to bring to life the Chieftain of the Dunedain, and half scheming for ways to get back my precious Legolas, as MinJun continued to guffaw.
And as I went to front, being Aragorn, the supposed leader of the company, I felt the bravery and valor that he must have felt, and I was proud, so that I was happy. But the knowledge that another being was Legolas still bothered me, so that even when I was the leader and the brave and the noble and the kind and the better cook (i think), I was still ill at ease.
And so I continued to scheme, with half the heart than before with my new found liking towards Estel, and I came up with a few new arguments.
"Fine, Phoebe, you can be Legolas and be the one who is neglected by his father!"
Of course, that was not true. And it didn't work, for even if Pao knew whether it was true or not, she would not yield.
"I'm King, but you can't be King. Coz your father doesn't like you."
"Whatever Carmina, I know you just wanna be Legolas."
"Grr... AH! You can be Legolas and never be married coz you have to be stuck with your MALE dwarf friend forever. And I can be Aragorn, who gets married and lives happily ever after."
Neither worked. However, at the mention of "stuck with your MALE dwarf friend", Erica Michelle started gaying around, and in the end, she managed to convince Pao to relinquish her Legolaship, and she was then Aragorn. And I became Legolas and ran forward so that Erica Michelle could not lay her hand on me.
When I became Legolas, I felt...okay. I had not the same pride as I did when I was Aragorn. But then again, it bothered me not that another was Aragorn. Oh well.
In the end, the two decided to change their characters. Erica became the hairy-footed Frodo and Pao became Mithrandir (whom she thought was really sexy).
From that day on, I have been thinking of the flaws of Aragorn and here are the things I have thought of.
Flaws of Aragorn
- He's not an elf
It would be fair to add in the flaws of Legolas.
Legolas still beats Aragorn, coz Aragorn isn't an elf. However, Legolas' flaw comes from being an elf.
Flaws of Legolas
- He's not the rugged manly type
Ah, wait. Counting that would be equivalent to racism. There's no such thing as a rugged elf. Except if you're an orc. But Legolas isn't an orc.
Legolas still beats Aragorn, coz Aragorn isn't an elf. However, Legolas' flaw comes from being an elf.
Ah well.
I never wanted to be Aragorn anyway. Nor did I ever want to be Legolas. I don't know why people keep thinking I wanna be Legolas. I like Legolas. That doesn't mean I wanna be him. He's a guy.
If ever I would be anyone in Lord of the Rings, I would probably wanna be Arwen. She's an elf. But I don't wanna die singing under a tree, depressed because Estel died. Hmm...perhaps being Eowyn would be a better choice. I read the Steward and the King awhile ago, which is the chapter when Faramir and Eowyn fell in love. It's both amusing and romantic.
But she still married Estel.
I never wanted to be Aragorn anyway. Nor did I ever want to be Legolas. I don't know why people keep thinking I wanna be Legolas. I like Legolas. That doesn't mean I wanna be him. He's a guy.
If ever I would be anyone in Lord of the Rings, I would probably wanna be Arwen. She's an elf. But I don't wanna die singing under a tree, depressed because Estel died. Hmm...perhaps being Eowyn would be a better choice. I read the Steward and the King awhile ago, which is the chapter when Faramir and Eowyn fell in love. It's both amusing and romantic.
But she still married Estel.
No comments:
Post a Comment