Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gerek seh.

Due to commitments, I only came for Danny's annual chalet at around 6 pm. Perhaps not really annual, considering that it's only last year and this. Well.

I entered the side gate to find a representative of every major race lounging around waiting for me. Or maybe just lounging around. Ah, yes. Danny, Khairi and Prakash. The three musketeers.
Conveniently, there stood a bicycle rental shop right next to the entrance. We rented three, and Khairi, acting gerek, chose the skates.

But he couldn't skate.
And so Prakash took the skates.

But he couldn't skate either. And Khairi couldn't cycle.
So I took the skates, and Prakash and Danny dedicated their time trying to teach Khairi to cycle.
Eventually, he got it. After falling a few times and knocking against a rubbish bin.
Well it is harder to learn when you get older.

We returned to the chalet to find Jacq, Jacq, Min Yi, Cheryl and Harris sitting by the steps. Jacq, Jacq, Min Yi, and Harris decided to satisfy their hunger, while the rest of us went swimming.
Well, I didn't go swimming. I just watched. I wasn't really hungry yet.
And so it was that a Peranakan, a Chinese, a Malay, and an Indian indulged in cooling themselves in aqueous chlorine. Well, it's common knowledge that Cheryl's a grandmaster(in Danny's words) swimmer and that Khairi can't swim. But his hair, nonetheless, looked good in water.

I watched silently as Cheryl, like a pro with a firm voice, taught the three little boys how to swim properly. Danny needed hardly any instruction. Prakash knew how to thrash in water. Khairi... well. He had his game face on and tried to take Cheryl's instructions seriously.

Haha. Prakash was kicking so hard I would have believed it if he had some personal grudge against liquid in general. Or chlorine. Sea monster.

We ate and talked after swimming. Ah. Then Cheryl, Khairi and myself had to leave...

And I forgot to hug Prakash. No wonder Cheryl hugged him when we were still in the chalet!
Sigh.

No comments: