"It's all good and heroic to say you can't run forever, but that's not how it works in real life. Some things you just don't want to catch you."
"But if I forced myself, would it change me?
Would I want little shots all my life and this... continuity would never be enough?"
I slept the afternoon away, and now I've tucked myself within a thick comforter in a freezing room with a giant Mickey-fist mug full of coffee (which has a designer's flaw), reading a book under a warm halogen lamp.
Traces of coffee dripping from the sides of the mug. No coaster.
But it looks better that way, I suppose. More human.
Tastes weird.
I think... I've been poisoned. By cheap metal dessert spoons. Or is it the mug?
Fck. Should've used De Cotta's mug.
It's my favourite after all.
Funny.
How people usually hate receiving mugs and picture frames, but I like it.
There's something intensely personal about it, despite the fact that it was probably given with an impersonal intent.
Frames for the pictures inside and memories, mugs for their everyday use.
Some people put a hell lot of thought and wit into some gifts but then you look at them once, laugh for a moment then place it somewhere and never take a second look.
But you learn to treasure every gift.
Especially when you're born in November when everyone's happy with their own things.
I recently told him I would name my future son Legolas Chord Seville.
Because I was gonna eventually marry Alvin Seville, though Hui Yi insisted it was impossible even if he currently lives the solitary life of a musician, because he's 31, and well...
Other things. Which I refuse to believe in.
I just finished reading.
Amazing they are, writers.
To be able to mould characters into individuals with their very own unique characteristics and persona.
Without allowing your own personality to meddle with their complexity.
Or is it because they themselves are complex and confusing enough, and that every character is an extension of their deeper desires and the demons nipping at their feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment