Monday, January 16, 2012

Full cycle.


I'm lucky. Lucky doesn't even begin to explain how lucky I am.

* - signifies a point where I was lucky
- an underline signifies a point where I was slightly off because of an event A that occurred but would apparently simply precede a greater event B and therefore make me feel even better about event B than I would have had event A not occurred.

Simple Plan was a childhood band. Everyone's childhood band. (except Hui Yi)
Back in primary five I went to the concert alone and was both thrilled and frightened.
Then, concert tickets only costed $60 - $70.
Now they come for at least a hundred each , and I wanted to go for Simple Plan but didn't really want to ask my parents to pay for it cause they already paid for the Good Charlotte one last November.

It just so happened that two days before the concert, my sister said I could go with a friend for free* and I was like

...

........
...

......


LDJFKDHLKFAHDKLJFHALKJADF

Yes. I know you get it.
And at that point in time I didn't even know they were VIP tickets*.

So I queued from 11 am but even then I thought we wouldn't be able to stand in front cause there was already a large group and it was getting bigger as more people cut in.
But I thought that was okay. Some of them even stayed overnight in the cue.

Nic came at three and at six they read out the guest list and my name wasn't there.
Which was dead frightening.
But Kuya Ian called someone and it got settled*.
Though it was only after the sound check and meet and greet VIP privileges.
But that was okay. VIP allowed us to stand in front*.

Which was exceedingly crucial.
Of course, you can have fun standing not in front, but there are things that only people in front can do.

Which brings me towards -


This man made my day in a way that would and possibly could not be replicated.
David Desrosiers*.
He used to be, in my mind, characterised as "man who stands staring out dreamily while hugging his bass and singing 'How long will I be waiting?'".

But not anymore. Never going back there.

Before I went to the concert, I made one sign*, rather large which read "CHUCK, drumsticks please!" and a pathetic meme at the side for added effect and stuck it to a sketch book*.

But while we were standing doing nothing waiting for the sun to fade, out of boredom I made another one* which read, "I WANT TO HAVE YOUR ALIEN BABIES."

Because. Well.
There's My Alien. And Astronaut. Sort of.

It just so happens that they decided to sing My Alien*. Or it wouldn't have made sense.

During the song, David leaned forward to read it* while he was playing and smiled.

And afterwards he went something like, "You know Pierre, I don't have a girlfriend in Singapore yet. Everywhere I go I HAVE to have a girlfriend."

And then Pierre said something about David not having a girlfriend something something.

And then David pointed at me and said, "She wants to have my alien babies!"*

And I was -
- dumbstruck

And Pierre said, "Yeah, that would kind of make sense since any baby YOU would have would be weird."

Something. Something. My mind wasn't functioning appropriately.
Overwhelming stimuli. Seb is grinning at me. Pierre is smiling. David's talking about alien babies with him. I didn't know what Chuck and Jeff where doing cause I was focused on David but if I had looked up and found Jeff smirking or smiling or grinning or even just looking at me, I think I would have spontaneously combusted.
And then David said something about how if we were to have alien babies one of us had to be an alien. And Nic shuffled my hair. And then something, something. Then David tossed a pick at me...

But I didn't manage to catch it. /:

But still. It was - amazing.

I felt like a princess. An alien-child-bearing princess.
That's the best kind of princess. Better than Kate.

That was, of course, the best part of the concert for me.
But even without, it would've still been great.
The energy was really high and Pierre and David were really working the crowd.
I only got a few pictures cause I didn't want to miss out. Not this time.

I felt detached from my body and just kept going.

I didn't end up getting a pick, but at the end I showed the sign I originally made and Chuck walked to the front of the stage, crouched and nodded at me, then tossed me the stick...

Which I didn't catch -
But Nic caught it* and gave it to me. (:

It was only one stick, but who cares?
Nic said it's not so special cause he gave away six but IT IS because he threw away the other five randomly but he tossed this to ME!

The post sounds very pubescent.
I'll alter it when I don't feel pubescent anymore.
But right now - I'm blissful.

No comments: