Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Council Camp

My body aches all over. I feel old. Incredibly old. RAWR. Anyway...

Day 1
We were separated into groups, 5 to 6 members each and I was put into DUCKS/QUACKERS with WenZhen, Fatihah (whom we call fatti for short:), Damien, Maria, and the girl whom I still dont know the name of, but I feel starts with "Hui"...err...

IT WAS CHINESE! NOT MY FAULT!

Anyway... we had games at the start. I think we finished 2nd... something like that. By Lunch, everyone was starving BUT we had to wait as the acid in our stomach devours its flesh while the facilitators try to figure out how the makan cheer goes =.= ... when they finally figured it out, we where ready to eat BUT THEN they evily decided to tie our (group) wrists together so that we had to feed each other. RAWR. Luckily after awhile, they decided to cut it down so we would stop messing up the tables. Haha.

AMAZING RACE
Four locations: Changi Airport, Victoria Concert Hall, Harbourfront and Jurong Bird Park.
Quackers only visited the first three as there was no time for the last. We decided to just spend the remaining time playing in the shallow pools on the rooftop of Vivo City. Fine. I was the only Sec 2 playing =.="... Whatever.

After Amazing Race was dinner, in which they decided not to tie up our wrists (:

After that one was the Ms. Sharmilah games, which, out of everything we did I think is the most fun, despite the fact that this game showed me how much of a coward I really am. In the game, we were separated into 4 groups and these groups are like a kingdom. There's a castle (sanctuary) for each group situated somewhere in the school, unknown to all but the group itself. There is also a king and the purpose of the game is to kill the king and take his ring. Each person was given a strip of paper to be tied on the wrist as a lifeline. To kill a person, one has to tear his/ her lifeline.

The game had already started when my group decided to discuss strategy. However me, being rather impatient, decided to break off and run away, along with Praveena who thought similarly. We have only gone to the porch when a team of people decided to chase us and Praveena tripped and fell on her butt when they were already very close. Myself, in panic and utter loss of what to do, ran away, still having the mentality that we were playing a game of tag. Praveena managed to stand up by herself and run. Adlyn almost caught me but I broke away and ran to the fitness corner when she finally decided to change victim. I stood in the dark shadows of the building, close to the wall catching my breath, taking the game a tad too seriously. I could not go to the lighted part, that would be too dangerous. For awhile I just stood there, wishing I could be invisible. I just wanted to be back in the castle, rather than be alone in the dark, running for my life against mobs of murderers. It was when Leonard saw me that I ran to the field and onto the MPS, deciding that the second floor is probably safer. I managed to get back, but I felt bad for being such a coward. Along with a mob of four, however, I was more than ready to attack, as long as I wasn't alone.

After that were the night game & walk. Then BATHE & SLEEP.

Day 2
Wake. Morning Workout. Breakfast. Feedback on Peer Leading. Leadership Talk. Prize Giving. Dismissal.

After we got dismissed, a group of us (Syliva, Indu, Angie, XiuHui, Olivia, Timothy, and myself) went opposite to eat and talk about random stuff. After that, we went back and finished choreographing the dance. I was wrong. It was choreographable. I feel guilty for failing to contribute much into the dance and not feeling the success that came thereafter.

Yeah.

No comments: