Today was interesting.
I went to school at 7 to help in the dance choreography. However, only Xiuxiu was there and shortly afterwards came Chingyee. After 45 minutes, the rest finally arrived and we started doing our stuff. Suddenly not in the mood to blog...
But anyway,
DANCE DANCE DANCE
Sylvia dislocated her knee cap while we were showing Izza the dance. Strangely enough, at the simplest of parts (which we have previously been doing repeatedly without any injury) she tripped and her bone protruded grotesquely from beneath her flesh, giving the impression of abnormal internal growth. The medics came almost right after they were summoned and they bore her away along with a member of the school staff she did not know of. Us, we were left there and told to go home. Due to boredom, I refused to go home so early and decided to embark on a journey to find out where KK hospital was located. However, as I was about to switch on the music, my supposedly only company, my phone ran out of battery. Therefore, I was compelled to return to the council room to charge it for awhile and after, I went opposite to eat. It just so happened that before I left, Benji called me to ask if I was to visit the injured. So I waited for him and we went together.
KK CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.
Crying kids are cute. We were surrounded by them as we sat in the waiting room. Parents holding their little children warmly in their arms, coaxing and caressing them until they cease. How does it feel to be able to comfort someone with a mere touch, with a simple "everything's gonna be okay"? How does it feel to have one to love and care for, and who wishes for your love and care?
Sylvia came out with 3/4 of her leg bound in a thick layer of cloth gauze. We were told to go to the Rehab centre and so we did. I particularly enjoyed playing with her wheel chair, as every person in the room, adult and child alike, gazed wonderously at the pair of us, wondering who is the patient.
I remember strips of conversation over the van as we were brought home by Sylvia's dad...
She conversed with someone on the phone...
I turned to the boy next to me and in an attempt to start a conversation, So... Bryan, do you like potatoes?
He nodded vigorously.
Hmm... do you like soup?
Mmm... yah anything lah. Is there even such thing, potato soup?
I meant, do you like soup?
Oh... Yah
I paused for a moment to contemplate on whether I should ask the next question in line.
Do you like pie?
Again, he nodded vigorously.
Hmm... so you'll probably like Potato Soup Pie then...
But is there even such thing?
Yep. There's Potato Soup Meat Pie... (I learnt from past google searches) and I guess there has to be a "meat" in the middle.
Why? Asked the boy, utterly confused.
Because Soup and Pie can't be together.
I don't get it.
For awhile, I paused to face the boy next to me and smiled at him. Then it began to dawn on him and his eyes grew wide.
Oh, I get it. Oh my gosh...
He smiled at the sheer brilliance and coincidence.
You're not supposed to smile =.="
Oh sorry sorry... oh my gosh
I got off at Bryan's stop, and we both waited for 159. As the wind blew on our faces, he began to sing
I'm not a girl...
It was my eyes' turn to grow wider.
Not yet a woman, eh Bryan?
I didn't say that!
Aha, you we're about to!
There was a momentary pause.
All I need is time...
BRYAN...!
My bus came soon after.
No comments:
Post a Comment