Friday, January 04, 2008

I am Beowulf.

Hello, gumballs. I just came from camp.

And I have no idea where to start.
Right. Okay, firstly, I shall not admit that it was fun. Which I just did. Dang.

Uh. Don't you feel kind of down when as activity you enjoy comes to an end? Yes, of course you do! Which is why I don't want to admit that it was fun. Even if it was. I'm not supposed to say that! Ahh...

ANYWAY. Let's start from Day 1. And I shall TRY to make it sound as enjoyable as it was, though I often fail terribly at that.

Day 1.
Parade Square.
Erica and I got reprimanded on the first day! Whee. We're so awesome.

Hall.
Carmina: Spirit fingers!
Pao: Spirit fingers!
Erica: Spirit fingers!
Weishan: Spirit fingers!

Pao: Hey look! That guy looks like Caleb. (alternate name to disclose the real person's identity).
Carmina: Huh...? NOOOOO. He doesn't! =.='
Erica: Hehe. The one next to him looks like Ian. (alternate name to disclose the real person's identity).
Carmina: Yah! PLEASE! Let's have IAN! IAN! IAN! PLEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE.
C.Ahmad: Class 1! Your instructors are...Esther! Yus! Arif (Instructor who looks like Caleb)!
Carmina: Ahhhh...but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Erica: Hehehehehehehehehehe...

C.Ahmad: Who's ready? Raise up your hand!
*Everyone raises up*
C.Ahmad: Too slow! Who's ready? Raise up your hand!
*Everyone raises up faster*
C.Ahmad: Down! Up! Down! Up!
*Down, Up, Down, Up*
C.Ahmad: Who's ready? Raise up your hand!
*Everyone raises up*
C. Ahmad: Who never wear underwear? Raise up your hand!
*Pao raises up*

3/1
Erica and I decided to switch names at introductions, but being chosen as first, I panicked =.='.

Esther: Say your name and tell us something we don't know about you!
Carmina: I'm Carmina and...uh. I'm from 2/3?
Pao: I'm Pao and I like Justin Timberlake!
Erica: I'm Erica and I like llamas and i'm from 2/3!
Carmina: Go Erica! Patriotism!
*Hi-5s*
*Pao rolls her eyes*
Next few people: Hey, I'm (insert name here) and I'm from (insert class here).
Carmina: You know, it kinda gets old after awhile...
Erica: We should've totally switched names! Hmpfh.

Later on...
Can't really recall what's after that. Lunch and then buses filled with singing Christmas songs and crappy ballads. And spirit fingers. Yeah. We so rock.

Changi camp.
Wait...what did we do again...
Uhm...uh...
OH RIGHT. Class flag. Or poster. Or Mahjong paper.
Procedure.

  1. Stare at the blank paper thinking/ pretending to think of a group name.
  2. Stare at the instructors waiting for their suggestions.
  3. Use supreme power to vote against lame names.
  4. Choose Beowulf. Whee.
  5. Stare at the blank paper thinking/ pretending to think of a design.
  6. Ask Melvin to do it.
  7. Ask Erica to do it.
  8. Do it with them.
  9. Yay.

During the making the poster process...

Esther: In your school got alot of people like him, right?
Erica and Carmina: Yeah!
*Melvin smiles*
Esther: Can see in his face. You like anyone?
Melvin: Yes.
Esther: Really? Does she like you back?
Melvin: Yes.
Esther: Which class?
Melvin: There...3/3.
Esther: What's her name?
Melvin: Uhm...her initials are YJ...

Hehe. It was so sweet that Melvin actually admitted it. Whee.

Dining Hall.
Dinner. Then basics to rock climbing, in which Erica, Pao and I spent more time slapping each other for no reason rather than listening. It's not our fault! We were at the back.

Block A.
Knots. Was cool. Erica and Pao decided to share one despite the fact that I was in between them. Right.

I had to share it with Arif instead, who was nice and assisted us with knotting. Though he sometimes got confused himself. Hehe. But that's okay.

We chatted awhile before we slept. I sooo love Steph. You can just hug her forever!

Day 2

Improvised Rafting. Was frustrating. A bit.
I just felt down 'cause I failed to call someone the previous day. And stressed 'cause we didn't really know what to do, and Erica and I argued at times.

We didn't get to try the raft though. Straight to kayaking and bouncing against each other with our PFDs on. I almost fell back when I tried it with Steph. Haha!

I paired with Sebbie and went for "slow and luxurious" instead of "show off". And Esther taught us how to effectively wet people with our paddles. But she still managed to evade us. Somehow.

Hmm.

I'm tired. I think I'll blog about the rest tomorrow...

No comments: