Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scents.

I know it's weird, but I just can't help commenting about scents lah. I have a good sense of smell.

I shall group scents into two major divisions, natural and artificial.

It comes obviously that natural scents are ones which come...well, naturally. And sometimes it's distinct, like perhaps, Harris. No one smells like Harris. Or it could be similar to another's. Like Darrick, who smells something like Khairi.

Hmm. Often I don't really need to get close to a person to be able to pick up their scent.

But this is more applicable to artificial scents. Perfumes, colognes and such are much stronger, and at times I can pick them up from ten metres away. And i'm sure many of us know of Ahem from class ahem/ahem who sprays his/her choking deodorant around the class regularly. For fun. But there are artificial scents which smell much nicer.

Have you ever stood in the heavy rain, looking down to avoid the pellets, and it's difficult to breathe because of all the water? But whenever you do there's this cooling sensation running up your nerves. That's natural.

Strangely enough, I've discovered this feeling from another source. And I can't distinguish if it's natural or artificial, because it used to be covered by another scent. Something similar to apples. But strangely enough, the apples have recently subsided, giving way to the more subtle smell of rain.

And yet still, is the cold artificial or natural?

No comments: