Thursday, December 04, 2008

Starbucks.

I shall begin with today's dreary narration of events.

I attended an Exco meeting. And then a joint Tech and Quarter Masters meeting.
Perhaps joint isn't the exact word for it, considering that the Quarter Masters (who were all female) spent most of their time inside the dressing room, and Tech Comm (the one's who came were all male except for myself) were mostly in the main performing space of the Blackbox.

Well, of course, we're usually very cohesive. But we've all got our own work things. And territory.
Roar.

Oh, I do love Quarter for allowing us part of the shelves for Simon, Pandora, Rapunzel, and the rest. They look pretty.

It's interesting though, the workings of the mind. The whole comm forgot the name of the same thing, and remembered everything else.
We had lunch afterwards. And I followed Eugene all the way to Woodlands after our so-called rehearsals (which lasted for 5 minutes and ended in an "Okay. You can just anyhow play.") to take 965 so that I wouldn't have to walk to the bus stop from Yio Chu Kang or Khatib. It was a pleasurable ride (on 965, that is). I drifted off to sleep with an Agatha Christie on hand, and the man beside me stirred to leave, waking me, at the precise time I would have wanted him to. I continued with the book, with an occasional thoughtful glance at the unfamiliar scenery outside, and ever on the lookout for clues on who the murderer might be...

Arriving at destination, I headed straight for my usual places of interest, and noticed that Starbucks had a long line outside. It was Open House Day, free drinks and all. And Senyuman's inside with a whirl of orders. How very, very interesting.
But in fact, I was not interested at all. I was fed up with embarrassing myself in Starbucks. Ugh.

Or not. I queued anyway. That is, after my short stop in the library where, well, I did practically nothing. The line was not particularly long. I read. Initially. But the conversations available for eavesdropping were not that bad. The group standing behind me were girls who, I would assume, were from Victoria. I would have to say that they leaned somewhere between average thin Chinese and Ah lians who indulged in girly conversations. Hmm.

"Who do you think is the most loving couple?"
"Khairi and Jason?"

What...?

"No lah. Cannot make it."
"Serene. Serene and Dan."
"No. Dan's really bad."

Haha. Poor Danny.

Okay, perhaps it's not the best thing to listen to conversations...
BUT THEN. There's this portion in the wall of Starbucks in which one can view people making coffee. And Senyuman was right there, facing the glass wall. I decided not to look inside (or look sparingly...), until the female species behind me started giggling like freaks because he spared them a glance. And they thought that he was smiling because of them but failed to notice that ALL OF THEM INSIDE WERE LAUGHING. GAH!

Hmpfh. Like whatever. His smile then wasn't as good as it was the first day anyway...

The person taking orders was asking for names to write down on the receipts. And well, I thought Carmina would be a little difficult to spell. And therefore, I gave the first name that came to my mind (other than Simone...not that I want to be called that). Which was Kate. For some reason.

Starbucks smelt of wet air. The kind which ventured through rain, entered the rather enclosed space, and became stagnant. There was a slight hint of coffee, a lot less than the usual. And bathsoap. Hmm.

I ordered a caramel macchiato, and then remembered that coffee almost always has detriments on my body. Oh well.

No comments: