Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Honest vs Romantic

I'm thoroughly tired of not titling my post after my post. But I can't help it, so deal with it.

Thank you.
What was I gonna post about again? Oh, right.

miss1 /mɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1.to fail to hit or strike: to miss a target.
2.to fail to encounter, meet, catch, etc.: to miss a train.
3.to fail to take advantage of: to miss a chance.
4.to fail to be present at or for: to miss a day of school.
5.to notice the absence or loss of: When did you first miss your wallet?
6.to regret the absence or loss of: I miss you all dreadfully.
7.to escape or avoid: He just missed being caught.
8.to fail to perceive or understand: to miss the point of a remark. –verb (used without object)
9.to fail to hit something.
10.to fail of effect or success; be unsuccessful. –noun
11.a failure to hit something.
12.a failure of any kind.
13.an omission.
14.a misfire.


There are several definitions of miss. And people spend most of their lives consciously, subconsciously, or unconsiously "missing" things/ people/ nouns/ verbs/ whatever. Or maybe not. But still. I can't be the only one. At least not right now.

Right...?
----------
My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me,
So won't you kill me, so I die happy?
My heart is yours, to fill or burst,
To break or bury, or wear as jewelry.
Whichever you prefer.
- Hands Down (Dashboard Confessional)

No comments: